Saturday 8 March 2014

Fr. Edwin's Farewell Reflection - Part 3

I am telling you for the last time…....

The good times at St. Barnabas – no words can describe how wonderful my experience has been with this community. I will always cherish all the memories I have encountered here. Life in this parish has taught me so much. I am so grateful for where this learning journey has taken me and my ministry; and I have the Lord and each of you, my St. Barnabas parish family to thank.

It is sad to leave such an awesome community. I am not very comfortable saying goodbye. My emotions tend to get the better of me. But it is important and necessary.

Lastly, the changing times. Change is not easy, it takes a while to get used to. New things will happen here and I know it will all be good. I’m sure all of you will continue to be open to the Spirit of God and I know and pray that the glory of God will be manifested more and more in each of your lives, your families and this parish family as a whole. We trust that God has great things in store for all of us each day and in the coming days ahead.

Do we say goodbye? Yes and no – I may not be present physically but always with you in prayer. May God shower you with His abundant blessings and may every heavenly grace lead us to a life fulfilled in the perfect love of Christ our Lord.

God bless all of us!
Fr. Edwin
(if you would like to contact me please email: fr.gonsalves@gmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment